牛津实用英语语法:314 间接引语中的不定式和动名词结构

编辑:高中作文网

  A agree/refuse/offer/promise/threaten+不定式有时可用来代替say(that)…:

  Ann:Would you wait half an hour?

  安:你能等半个小时吗?

  Tom:All right.

  汤姆:好的。相当于:

  Tom agreed to wait./Tom said he would wait.

  汤姆同意等。/汤姆说他会等候的。

  Ann:Would you lend me another£50?

  安:你能再借给我50镑吗?

  Tom:No,I won′t lend you any more money.

  汤姆:不,我不再借钱给你了。相当于:

  Tom refused to lend her any more money.

  汤姆拒绝再借钱给她。

  Tom said that he wouldn′t lend…

  汤姆说他再也不借……

  Paul:I′ll help you if you like,Ann.

  保罗:安,如果你愿意,我可以帮你。相当于:

  Paul offered to help her.

  保罗表示乐意帮助她。

  Paul said that he′d help her.

  保罗说他愿意帮助她.

  Ann:I′ll pay you back next week.Really I will.

  安:下星期我就还钱给你,我一定还。

  Ann promised to pay him back the following week./Ann said that she would pay him back.

  安答应在下一周把钱还给他。/安说她会把钱还给他的。

  Ann assured him that she would pay him back.

  安向他保证她会还给他钱的。

  Kidnappers:If you don′t pay the ransom at once we′ll kill your daugh- ter.

  绑架者:如果你不马上交赎金,我们将杀死你女儿。相当于:

  The kidnappers threatened to kill his daughter if he didn′t pay the ran- som at once.

  绑架者恐吓道,如果他不马上交赎金就把他女儿杀死。

  The kidnappers said that they would kill…

  绑架者说他们要杀死……

  B accuse…of/admit/apologize for/deny/insist on+动名词这一类结构有时可代替say(that…):

  ‘You took the money!’

  “你拿了这钱!”

  可转述为:

  He accused me of taking the money.

  他指责我拿了钱。

  ‘I stole/didn′t steal it.’

  “我偷了/没偷。”

  可转述为:

  I admitted/denied stealing it.

  我承认/否认偷了。

  ‘I′m sorry I′m late,’he said.

  他说:“抱歉,我来晚了。”

  可转述为:

  He apologized for being late.

  他为迟到表示抱歉。

  He said/he was sorry he was late.

  他说他很抱歉自己迟到了。

  Bill:Let me pay for myself.

  比尔:让我自己来付我的那份钱。

  Tom:Certainly not!I′ll pay!

  汤姆:这不行!我来付!

  可转述为:

  Tom insisted on paying.

  汤姆坚持要付钱。