老外最想聊的100个口语话题(08):跨国婚恋

编辑:高中作文网

Mixed Marriages 跨国婚恋
 
dialogue 1
 
N: if you can choose, will you marry a foreigner or a Chinese?
如果让你选的话,你是愿意嫁给一个中国人还是一个外国人?
 
S: why? Did tom pop the question?
为什么这么问,汤姆向你求婚了吗?
 
N: not yet. But I wonder if I can get my parents’ consent.
没有,我怕父母不同意。
 
S: let me guess, your parents want you to marry a Chinese man, right?
我猜猜,你父母一定是想你嫁一个中国人,对吗?
 
N: you are right. It is giving me a real headache. I feel like I’m between a rock and a hard place.
是啊,我正头疼呢,我觉得左右为难。
 
S: I used to have the same problem when I was with my ex.
我和以前的男朋友谈恋爱时,也遇到了同样的问题。
 
N: oh, how did you deal with it?
那你怎么解决的?
 
S: I just let it go and continued dating with my Korean boyfriend. But finally we broke up.
我就顺其自然,继续和我的韩国男朋友约会,但是后来我们还是分手了。
 
N: oh, it’s a pity. What was the matter?
太可惜了,为什么啊?
 
S: simple. We had personality clashes and there were too many cultural differences.
很简单,我们性格不合,双方文化也有很多不同之处。
 
N: like what?
比如呢?
 
S: he hoped to live in the Korean way and asked me to give up working and stay at home to take care of the family.
他希望我过韩式的生活,要求我放弃工作,安心待在家里。
 
N: Oh, I see. In their culture women should put family first.
这样啊,在他们的文化里,女性应该以家庭为重。
 
S: yes, he said it would be batter for me and for the whole family. But I simply can not quit working.
是啊,他说这样对我,对整个家庭都好。但是我就是不想辞掉工作。
 
N: so that's why it’s hard to have a happy marriage with a foreigner.
所以和外国人结婚,很难幸福。
 
S: not really. There are many successful mixed marriage around us.
也不一定,我们周围不也有很多成功的例子嘛。
 
dialogue 2
 
N: more and more Chinese are marrying foreigners.
越来越多的中国人嫁给了外国人。
 
S: that's true. But I have a low opinion of those women who go out with foreigners.
是啊,但是我挺鄙视那些和外国人在一起的女人的。
 
N: oh, why?
啊?为什么啊?
 
S: I think some Chinese wonem marry foreigners for money while others just want to live abroad. There is no true love between them.
我觉得有些人嫁给外国人是为了钱,有些人是为了去国外定居,反正他们之间没有真爱。
 
N: I wouldn't say that's totally true. I've met many happy intercultural couples.
也不全是吧。我见过很多幸福的跨过夫妻。
 
S: well, then why aren't there many East-West couples where the man is a Chinese and the woman is a Westerner?
N: I guess it's because the Chinese women are more attractive to Western men.
那为什么没有多少夫妻,男方是中国人,女方是外国人呢?
 
S: or because they are less attractive to to Chinese men.
可能是因为中国女人对外国男人更有吸引力吧。
 
N: what do you mean? 
怎么说?