让我们成为更有爱心的人 The More Loving One

编辑:高中作文网 阅读

The More Loving One

让我们成为更有爱心的人

W.H.Auden

W.H.奥登

    Looking up at the stars, I know quite well , 仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,

    That, for all they care,  I can go to hell,  尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,

    But on earth indifference is the least , 可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧,

    We have to dread from man or beast. 人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。

    How should we like it were stars to burn , 倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,

    With a passion for us we could not return? 我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?

    If equal affection cannot be,  倘若无法产生同样的感情,

    Let the more loving one be me.  让我成为更有爱心的人。

    Admirer as I think I am , 尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,

    Of stars that do not give a damn,  它们满不在乎,

    I cannot,  now I see them , say 现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,

    I missed one terribly all day. 说我成天思念一颗星星。

    Were all stars to disappear or die,  倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,

    I should learn to look at an empty sky , 我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,

    And feel its total dark sublime,  同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,

    Though this might take me a little time.  虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。